Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Indoor Training Blues

The snow and ice and brutal cold have finally forced me inside and off the road. My bike riding is now limited to a short morning workout on my indoor trainer.

Here are a couple of pics from just a few short months ago, when the air was warm and the roads were dry. This one is prior to the start of the Illinois State Championship Road Race, where I finished 10th of 50 in my lowly category:



And here's one from the midway rest stop at Riverwoods and Everett Roads in Lake Forest on my Sunday morning group ride:



And here's a must-see work of art that conveys for the layperson some sense of the passionate dedication of the lonely cyclist:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look great Discovered Wild Fruit. Thanks for the pictures, I am jealous.