Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More on Tom Geoghegan for Congress

Tom Geoghegan has officially announced his candidacy to replace Rahm Emanuel as Congressman for the 5th District of Illinois. I encourage you to visit his campaign website, especially his position on various issues.


This is the type of candidacy that inspires and thrills people. A small sample:

From Kathy G (read the whole post!):
I can't tell you how utterly thrilled and delighted I am by this development. Because there is nobody -- nobody -- whom I'd rather see holding elected office in America than Tom Geoghegan. For some years now, I've had the pleasure and the privilege of being Tom's friend. He's one of the most brilliant people I've ever met, and also one of the kindest. A passionate progressive from the top of his bald spot down to the tips of his toenails, Tom has spent a lifetime tirelessly fighting on behalf of underdogs and the dispossessed -- steelworkers being cheated out of their pensions, say; or stressed out single mothers being harassed by predatory lenders; or union reformers trying to run a clean election in their corrupt local.

From James Fallows:
Having been a friend of Geoghegan's for most of my life, I couldn't be more enthusiastic about his deciding to run.

No comments: