Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tom Geoghegan for Congress

James Fallows strongly endorses Tom Geoghegan in the upcoming special election to replace Rahm Emanuel as Congressman from Illinois's 5th District.

I'm rather embarrassed, as I didn't realize Geoghegan had announced his candidacy for this seat, but I will chime in with my own endorsement. I've been impressed by Geoghegan ever since I read his 1991 book, Which Side Are You On? I was so impressed, in fact, that I wrote a letter to him, the first and only time I ever did such a thing. To my surprise, he responded and invited me to lunch. I accepted his offer and although I'm sure I underwhelmed him with my presence, he was as cordial as he was intelligent and I was thrilled.

You can read a synopsis of Geoghegan's life and career as a labor attorney on the Facebook page that has been created for his Congressional run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DWF, with your endorsement he will certainly get my vote.

Joel